1. Are products sold on Not A Candy Store halal?
Most of our products are halal certified and we are a Muslim-owned business.
2. How do I know if a Not A Candy Store product contains allergens?
We have a category for gluten-free products (Food > Gluten-free). For other types of allergen ingredients, you can check with us by sending us a WhatsApp message at +65 8817 7671.
3. What is the storage and shelf-life of your products?
All expiry dates are stated on individual packages.
4. Are there any MSG, preservatives or added salt/sugar in your products?
All Not A Candy Store products do not contain any MSG, preservatives or any added salt/sugar unless stated otherwise.
5. Why do some powders seem lesser in the bottle compared to others?
This is due to the different net weight and density of the powders. Some fine powders may be denser than others, and vice versa. All powder quantity (in grams) is printed on the bottle and/or displayed on our website.
6. Are your products organic?
Not all of our products are organic. Organic products include MommyJ noodles, Hay’s noodles, MommyJ soy sauce, Toddible oats etc.
7. Can I microwave the silicone bowl/plate?
Yes. Our bowls are microwavable, dishwasher safe and 100% food grade. It can withstand up to 220°C, but please don’t put over an open flame or in the oven!
8. My child is a picky eater, what products should I try?
We highly recommend our pastas from Eatalian Express for picky eaters as the colourful pasta is very attractive and will increase the child’s appetite. It also contains 10 different vegetables!
9. What is the difference between Hay’s and Toddible seasoning powders?
Toddible is our premium series, the powder is finer and is made from better grade ingredients. In addition, all Toddible powders are made for babies as young as 6 months onwards.
For Hay’s seasoning powders, the recommended age varies from item to item (eg. Anchovies powder is suitable for babies 7 month onwards, while Chicken powder is suitable for babies 8 months onwards). You may check the age descriptions on our website.
10. What is the difference between Hay’s and MommyJ noodles?
Hay’s noodles are very much like ‘bee hoon’ noodles; they can be cooked in soups or lightly fried. MommyJ noodles are straight and can be compared to ‘mee suah’ noodles, which are more suitable for soupy noodle dishes.
11. What is the difference between Hay’s and MommyJ puffs?
MommyJ puffs are made from calrose white rice and brown rice. MommyJ puffs are small and star shaped, suitable for babies 6 months old and above. Star shaped puffs are great for young babies to practise their pincer grip. Star shaped puffs have gaps between 4 corners to ensure there is space in the airway to allow air to pass through easily in the event of choking hazard (but please, always monitor your child during feeding!).
Hay’s puffs are made from organic millet, organic brown rice, non-GMO corn grits, organic black rice, organic red rice and vegetable oil. The puffs are bigger in size and suitable for babies 8 months and above.
12. Do you have gluten-free products?
Yes we do. You may check out the category “Gluten-Free” under “Food”
13. How do I store the seasoning powder, cereal and instant rice?
Store in a cool and dry place. Cheese powder recommended to be stored in the refrigerator once opened.
14. Can I warm baby food in the microwave?
Yes, but always make sure that your food is evenly heated up and that there are no hot spots. Test the temperature once again before serving to your child.
15. Can I freeze your food products?
Our food products are usually kept in a cool and dry place unless specified on the packaging to be kept in the fridge after opening.